Neighbourhood Watch was re-launched in Watton-at-Stone in 2006 with immediate success and during the past three years it has grown to cover most of the village. More co-ordinators are in the pipe line to ensure an even greater coverage is achieved.
Each road or area is covered by one or more local co-ordinators who receive information direct from the police or the village co-ordinator, via the police Owl system. Where appropriate, this information is passed on to householders within their area, either by e-mail or a note through the door.
The Owl system is run throughout Hertfordshire by the police force and messages are received by us via e-mail or telephone.
Local co-ordinators can also keep a log of incidents in their area and pass information that they have received on to the police, again via the Owl system.
In Watton-at-Stone we have two main direct contacts with the local Police Force, namely our:
- Ward Constable, PC Andy Woodward, telephone 01992 533671
- Ward PCSO, Paul Weston (who will be replaced by PCSO Sally Brooks in January 2010), telephone 01992 533666
Our village Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator is Helen McCash, who you can contact by telephone on 01920 830665 or via e-mail at email@example.com
If you would like further information on Neighbourhood Watch, please donít hesitate to contact Helen.
You may also find the following information useful.
- Our local police station is in Hale Road, Hertford, Herts. SG13 8FL and the telephone number is 01992 533608 (telephone for opening times).
- In the event of a genuine emergency, call 999.
- For non-emergency calls, telephone 0845 33 00 222.
- The telephone number for the East Hertfordshire Council Anti-Social Behaviour Officer is 01279 655261 (for issues concerning litter, graffiti, fly tipping, dog fouling, abandoned and nuisance vehicles).
- For issues concerning noise-nuisance, telephone the Environmental Health Officer on 01279 655261.